Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The farm

Our farm is 7 kms from Sagara town. Sagara has several places of tourist interest. Being on western ghats this area has good forest cover and pleasant weather. I have shot couple of video tours of the farm in June-2015. Videos were shot from my phone as I walked around in the farm. Therefore they are little jerky, please excuse me for that. YouTube offered to fix the jerkiness. I did not take that option because it blurred the videos. There is no sound track mixed with the videos. Sounds you hear are all natural sounds of the farm and me walking through the thick grass cover on the ground. Hope you find them interesting.

Total area of the farm is 6 acres. Farm is a joint venture between my and few of my close friends. Farm has 2 distinct areas. There is one area of higher elevation with trees. This area is a typical western ghat forest with many native plants. First video is 10 minutes walk through in the forest area.



Area of lower elevation is paddy field with a small stream next to it. Second video covers the paddy field and the stream. This video is also close to 10 minutes.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ravi,

    Wonderful venture and really exciting to read the blogs...
    A daring and tough call to adapt this life style.
    I wish you all the best and good luck on this new journey!!!

    Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete